Developed By: iNFOTYKE
Agartala: As many as 100 people, including 24 children, fell ill on Tuesday after consumption of food on the occasion of Biswakarma puja in Kanchanpur of North Tripura along Tripura-Mizoram border.
Official sources here on Wednesday confirmed that all of them were rushed to a local hospital following complaint of food poisoning. They felt uneasy after eating khichdi served at the house of president of Tripura Motor Shramik Union (TMSU) Gurupada Das.
Chief Medical Officer of Dharmanagar Dilip Das visited the hospital and deputed two doctors including a pediatrician and makeshift pathological unit has been set up for medical investigation, officials said, adding the authority would reinforce more doctors on Wednesday. Police were investigating the case and the stock of procurement, said Superintendent of Police (North) Bijoy Nag. (UNI)