National Nuggets

Curfew continues in J-K for fourth day
Jammu: Curfew continued for the fourth consecutive day on Sunday in Jammu and Kashmir’s Bhaderwah town. Authorities have ordered a magisterial probe into the death of a civilian – Nayeem Shah – whose body was recovered by the police from the outskirts of Bhaderwah town on Thursday. Clashes broke out between two groups following Shah’s murder which one group said had been done by cow vigilantes. Police has denied the involvement of any cow vigilantes. Informed sources said Shah died due to a gunshot injury. Army was called out on Thursday to assist the civil administration maintain law and order in the communally sensitive town. Authorities said following improvement in the situation Army has been withdrawn and curfew is being enforced in the town by the police and the Central Reserve Police Force. Police has already constituted a six-member special investigation team (SIT) headed by a Superintendent of Police to investigate the murder. (IANS)

BSF officer injured in firing
Jammu: A Border Security Force (BSF) officer has been injured during heavy firing exchanges between Indian and Pakistani troops in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, informed sources said. BSF Assistant Sub-Inspector Satpal Singh received splinter injuries late on Saturday when personnel from either side fired across the Line of Control (LoC). The sources said the Pakistan Army had resorted to unprovoked shelling and firing in Krishna Ghati (KG) sector of the LoC using mortar shells and small arms to target Indian positions. One Pakistani shell exploded near the Baloni forward post resulting in the splinter injuries to Singh. He was shifted to hospital. “Indian troops retaliated effectively and befittingly,” sources said. (IANS)

50-yr-old man axed to death
Kota (RJ): A 50-year-old man was allegedly hacked to death with an an axe in Rajasthan’s Bundi district, following which the accused person was arrested, police said on Sunday. The incident occurred in a village under Dabi police station late Saturday night, they said. The victim has been identified as Gopal Bheel, police said. The accused, Durga Bheel was arrested on Sunday morning and he has confessed to the crime, Station House Officer, Dabi police station, Sampat Singh said. He said Durga Bheel was in a relationship with a widow for the last five years but their relationship turned sour from last couple of months. This was because Durga Bheel felt that the woman was distancing herself from him because of Gopal Bheel, he said. On Saturday night when the woman had gone to attend a wedding in a neighbouring village, the accused reached her home and found Gopal Bheel sleeping there, Singh said. He got furious and allegedly attacked Gopal Bheel with an axe, killing him on the spot, the SHO said. (PTI)

Minor girls gang raped
Gumla: Couple of minor girls were gang raped in Arangi Dipa Toli village under Ghaghra Police Station area of this district following which the villagers managed to arrest one of the accused while three others managed to flee. Police said, four youth who had come to participate in a wedding ceremony in the village Saturday night. On their way back, taking advantage of the night, they gang raped couple of girls. Their family members started a search in the area as the girls did not return home. Upon seeing their family members, the girls raised an alarm after which the accused fled but one of them was caught by the villagers who was later beaten and tied with an electricity pole. (UNI)

2 teens die as car overturns
Jaipur: Two teenagers were killed and three others injured when a car in which they were travelling overturned in Sirohi district of Rajasthan on Sunday, police said. The incident took place on Abu road under Pindwara police station. The deceased have been identified as Ami Soni (14) and her cousin, Dev Goswami (14), the police said. The bodies have been handed over to the family after post-mortem, the police added. (PTI)

Two men electrocuted to death
Ambala: Two men were electrocuted to death on Sunday morning after the ladder they were carrying came in contact with a live wire in the district, police said. The incident took place while the two were carrying the ladder for repairing motor pump of a tube-well in their agricultural fields, they said. The two suffered serious burn injuries and were rushed to a hospital where doctors declared them brought dead, police said. (PTI)

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

- Advertisement -

Comments are closed.

error: Content is protected !!