SHILLONG: As majority of doctors, who completed their MBBS under the State quota, failed to response to show cause notices for their failure to join the State services, the State Government is contemplating to take strong action against them.
“We will take strong against the doctors who failed to reply to the show cause notices served since July last year,” Deputy Chief Minister in-charge Rowell Lyngdoh told reporters on Monday.
The Health department would lodge a complaint with the police to trace the whereabouts of the erring doctors.
“They would be taken into task as per the law if they failed to pay the bond amount Rs 10 lakh,” Lyngdoh said.
Till November last year, 51 out of 109 doctors had submitted their reply to the government with reasons for their inability to return to serve in the State.
In July last year, show cause notices were served to the 109 doctors from various batches between 2000 and 2004, seeking replies from them as to why they should not refund the bond money of Rs 10 lakh for not returning to serve in the State even though they had completed their five-year MBBS studies under the State quota.