Friday, April 4, 2025

Match official, Aamer in trouble

Date:

Share post:

London: Banned Pakistan pacer Mohammad Aamir’s troubles compounded with the England and Wales Cricket Board today confirming his appearance in an official club match here last week and he now runs the risk of his ICC sanction being increased.

The ECB also announced a probe into the circumstances under which Aamir, who was banned for five years by ICC for spot-fixing during Pakistan’s tour of England last August, played for Addington in a Surrey Cricket League Division One match on June 4.

Aamir now runs the risk of his ban being extended if the ICC finds him guilty of breaching the terms of sanction. In a press release, the ECB said the Surrey League fixture was an official match and requested Surrey Cricket Board to assist it in the investigation.

“The ECB has requested Surrey Cricket Board to assist it in its investigation of the circumstances surrounding the Pakistan cricketer Mohammad Aamer’s appearance for Addington ,” an ECB release said. (PTI)

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...