Sunday, August 31, 2025
spot_img

Prince Harry ‘shocked’ by UK riots

Date:

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

London: Britain’s Prince Harry has expressed shock and dismay over the actions of the rioters after paying a visit to the areas worst affected by last week’s violence across the UK.

He broke off from his Apache helicopter course at the Wattisham Airfield Suffolk, to visit Salford, one of the areas most affected by the riots.

The 26-year-old told the police officers and fire fighters that he had seen footage of the riots on YouTube and asked how they had dealt with the chaos, the Telegraph reports.

Officer Andy Sheridan told him that most officers had worked 13 consecutive shifts since last Tuesday”s ‘bedlam’. “Harry looked shocked when I told him that most of the unit received some sort of injury.

At one point, it was clear they were intent on killing somebody. There was nothing we could do but climb back into our vans and retreat,” he was quoted, as saying. The prince was told that the violence in Salford was worse than in Manchester as older and more aggressive locals had targeted the emergency crews. The officers described the prince as ‘down to earth’ and thankful for their hard work. (ANI)

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

UAE heat forces 30-minute delay in Asia Cup matches

Dubai, Aug 30: The start time for 18 out of the 19 matches in the upcoming Asia Cup...

Gill awaits fitness test for Asia Cup

Bengaluru, Aug 30: India Test skipper and T20 vice-captain Shubman Gill reached the BCCI Centre of Excellence here...

Oman skipper ready for maiden Asia Cup

New Delhi, Aug 30: When Oman steps out for their maiden Asia Cup game against Pakistan in Dubai...

Indian fan zones sold out: CA

Melbourne, Aug 30: Cricket Australia has announced that the dedicated Indian fan zones at all eight venues for...