Friday, April 4, 2025

Stallone, Arnie in film stand off

Date:

Share post:

London: Hollywood’s screen rivals — Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger are likely to clash over the title of the next Rambo movie.

The script for the latest installment in the action series is complete and has been named as ‘Rambo: The Last Stand’.

And the former Californian governor, who is set to make his action return in the similarly titled ‘Last Stand’ is likely to have a clash over the same title, reported Sun online. The ‘Terminator’ star announced the movie in April and now Rambo screenwriter Sean Hood has revealed the script for the fifth movie is complete, although Stallone is yet to commit.

“I recently finished a first draft of ‘Rambo: Last Stand’ for Millennium films, based on a story idea by Sylvester Stallone. Hopefully, Stallone will eventually have the time and the inclination to do another Rambo. “I met with Stallone twice last year. He gave me a book, an older screenplay, and about twenty pages he’d written himself to use as inspiration for the last chapter of the Rambo saga. It’s more in line with the small-town thriller of First Blood,” said Hood. Before embarking on their respective shoots, the aging action heroes will be working together on the sequel to last year’s hit movie The Expendables. (PTI)

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...