Monday, July 22, 2024
spot_img

Nagaland unemployed engineers unhappy over Recruit Policy

Date:

Share post:

spot_img
spot_img

Kohima: The Unemployed Civil Engineers’ Association of Nagaland (UCEAN) has voiced unhappiness over the recruitment policy being practised in the various departments of engineering establishments.

In a representation to the Nagaland Chief Secretary, the Association’s President Albert Magh and General Secretary Ponen Longchar questioned the failure of concerned authority to requisition the existing vacancies as per the Engineering Service Rules despite assurance given.

The representation apprised the Chief Secretary that at present there are 31 SDO posts vacant in PWD (Work and Housing) against the promotion of Sub-Divisional Officers (SDO) to Executive Engineer.

As per Nagaland Engineering Service Rule (NESR), it reminded that 60 per cent of the vacancies are to be filled by direct recruitment through Nagaland Public Service Commission (NPSC) and the remaining 40 per cent through departmental promotions (JE to SDO).

Going by the NESR, out of 31 posts 19 are to be filled by direct recruitment.

However, it stated that the concerned department has failed to send requisition of 60 per cent of the posts (19 posts) to NPSC till date.

Also pointing out that there are 23 SDO posts in PHED of which 14 posts are to be filled by direct recruitment and the remaining 9 through department promotion, the Association rued that the concerned department has violated NESR norms and gone ahead with the promotion of 11 JEs and the remaining 12 posts filled by current charge without sending the posts for requisition through NPSC. (UNI)

spot_img
spot_img

Related articles

MeECL studying HC judgment on ‘equal pay for equal work’

Shillong, July 21: The Meghalaya Energy Corporation Limited (MeECL) is examining the recent judgment by the single bench...

10 NE councils to ask Centre to table Sixth Schedule Amendment Bill in Parliament

SHILLONG, July 21: The ten autonomous council (ACs) and territorial councils (TCs) of the Northeastern states have unanimously...

KSU vows to continue drive against labourers

SHILLONG, July 21: The Khasi Students’ Union (KSU) on Sunday said while the state government examines various mechanisms...

TMC undecided on contesting Gambegre bypoll

SHILLONG, July 21: The Trinamool Congress has gone quiet about the Gambegre by-polls with the state unit yet...