Sunday, June 16, 2024
spot_img

Ex-Malki Rangbah Shnong refutes charges

Date:

Share post:

spot_img
spot_img

By Our Reporter

 SHILLONG: Former Ran-gbah Shnong of Malki HP Oflyn Dohling has denied his alleged involvement in the misappropriation of the Dorbar Shnong fund during his tenure as the Rangbah Shnong of the locality.

While maintaining that he is a victim of a conspiracy hatched by a few members of the Dorbar Shnong Executive Committee which he was heading, Dohling said, “the allegation which has been levelled against him by the Joint Action Committee (JAC) and the Greater Malki People Organisation (GMPO) is totally misleading and baseless”.

“I would challenge the JAC and GMPO to come out with the documents and evidence to prove that I am involved in misappropriation of the Dorbar funds,” former Malki Rangbah Shnong said.

He said the records of the Dorbar would show that the accounts were regularly audited while adding that the audited accounts were presented before the Dorbar regularly.

“As the Rangbah Shnong I have always ensured transparency in financial matters and has taken pains to maintain it,” Dohling maintained.

On the allegation that he was trying to allot land to a prominent businessman of the city JN Bawri in Dhankheti, former Malki Rangbah Shnong said the land in question, being part and parcel of the Lachumiere Block and which falls under the administration purview of the Revenue department, was leased out to Bawri by the erstwhile Assam Government in 1962.

“The Shillong Municipal Board has granted the building permission to him (Bawri) in 1981. I became the Rangbah Shnong only in 1990, this itself proves that I am not at all involved either in the land allotment or granting of building permission,” he said.

To the allegation of issuing an NOC for running at hotel at Nongmalki Road, Dohling said that so far no NOC was issued for running a hotel in the area while admitting that the Deputy Commissioner’s office had sought the views of the Dorbar Shnong on this issue.

He further clarified that no NOC was issued for construction of a hotel or mandir at Umshyrpi (Dhankheti).

spot_img
spot_img

Related articles

Plea in SC seeks scrapping of NEET exam

New Delhi, June 15: A plea has been filed in the Supreme Court seeking scrapping of the NEET-UG...

UDP submits eight crucial observations

RESERVATION POLICY REVIEW By Our Reporter SHILLONG, June 15: The United Democratic Party (UDP) has submitted eight key observations to...

NPP reviews Lok Sabha poll setback; focus on Gambegre

By Our Reporter SHILLONG, June 15: The ruling National People’s Party (NPP) convened on Saturday to analyse its recent...

State BJP keen to field Bernard for Gambegre bypoll

By Our Reporter SHILLONG, June 15: State BJP vice president and Tura MDC, Bernard N Marak, confirmed on Saturday...