Saturday, April 5, 2025

Douglas will never forget cancer diagnosis

Date:

Share post:

London: Hollywood actor-producer Michael Douglas says he will never be able to forget the way the doctor looked at him when he was diagnosed with throat cancer.

The 67-year-old was told he had stage IV throat cancer last year and Douglas says he knew the problem by the way the specialist looked at him, reported Contactmusic.

“I found an ear nose and throat doctor in Montreal. He literally opened my mouth and took a tongue impression and I’ll never forget the moment when he looked up at me and looked back down and I knew,” Douglas said.

The actor who has children Dylan, 11 and Carys, eight with wife Catherine Zeta-Jones, also said he considered not seeing a doctor about the issue because he thought he had simply damaged his throat while filming Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.

“I thought maybe it was from tension from the part where you haven’t placed your voice and how you are swallowing your words and you are speaking from the back of your throat,” he added.

Douglas recently said he is feeling a lot better after completing his treatment. “I feel good, it’s nice, about a year out,” he added. (PTI)

Related articles

Historic Waqf Bill ends corruption, grants entitlements to marginalised Muslims, says MRM

New Delhi, April 4: A wave of optimism and joy swept across the nation as the Waqf Amendment...

Top Lankan ministers, Indian diaspora accord grand welcome to PM Modi in Colombo amid heavy rain

Colombo, April 4: Hundreds of locals and members of the Indian diaspora community braved heavy rain to give...

IB woman officer suicide: Trouble mounts for absconding colleague as rape charges included

Thiruvananthapuram, April 4: The Kerala Police, on the lookout for the absconding male colleague of a woman IB...

Manipur: First tripartite talks between Meitei, Kuki-Zo, MHA in Delhi tomorrow

Imphal, April 4: In a significant development, leading organisations of Meitei and Kuki-Zo-Hmar communities will hold a tripartite...