Monday, June 24, 2024
spot_img

Katich gears up for CA showdown

Date:

Share post:

spot_img
spot_img

MELBOURNE: A defiant Simon Katich is likely to fight the detrimental public comment charge laid against him by Cricket Australia with his manager claiming that the axed opener knew he would land in trouble for blaming Michael Clarke for his ouster.

An angry Katich had stated that his 2009 dressing-room bust-up with now-captain Clarke after a Test in Sydney was the reason why he was left out of the contracted players’ list earlier this year.

Both Clarke and CA did not take his comments kindly with the governing body accusing him of making a detrimental public comment last week.

Katich and his manager Robert Joske will meet a lawyer before deciding the course of response. Joske said the opener knew what he was getting into when he made the remarks.

“He only ever speaks the truth as far as he perceives it. In saying that, he was aware he probably crossed the line as far as Cricket Australia’s directives are concerned,” Joske was quoted as saying by The Daily Telegraph.

Meanwhile, Katich also got some much-needed support when former Test players Mike Whitney and Greg Matthews said it would be unfair to penalise the opener for his honesty.

The 36-year-old initially reacted angrily to his axing in June, calling a press conference to slam selectors. CA chose not to react at that time. (Agencies)

spot_img
spot_img

Related articles

Our best is yet to come: Gautam Adani to his 6.7 million shareholders

  Ahmedabad, June 24 :Gautam Adani, Chairman of the Adani Group, said on Monday that with record results, robust...

Journey of reforms to transform lives of 140 crore Indians will continue: PM Modi New

New Delhi, June 24 (IANS) Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday that the BJP-led NDA government remains...

Canara Bank says X handle compromised, working to restore it

Bengaluru, June 23: After its official social media handle on X was hacked, Canara Bank on Sunday acknowledged...

Saudi Arabia registers 1,301 pilgrim deaths during Haj

Riyadh, June 24: Saudi Arabia has announced that it recorded 1,301 deaths among pilgrims during the Haj season,...