Sunday, August 31, 2025
spot_img

Minister warns against child labour in sand mining

Date:

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

MYSORE: The district administration has warned those in sand mining business against employing child labour and asked Labour Department to take necessary action under Child Labour Act, Dr S A Ramadas, District In Charge Minister,said here on Wednesday.

Presiding over the meeting on sand mining in the district, he pointed out there were number of incidents showing child labour use in extracting sand from river beds in the district.

Incidentally, no action had been initiated by the Labour Department in this connection.

Hence, he sought a report in this connection by November 13 and warned of severe action against the employers of child labour. He said as per the Mines and Geology Department, as many as 175 blocks have been identified in the district and tenders invited for five blocks in which tenders process was completed in two blocks and waiting for the chief engineers approval.

There were no tenders for three blocks and the work was stopped.

He also insisted that the lorry owners involved in loading the sand should register their names with concerned authorities and if necessary, checkposts opened for proper checking. (UNI)

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

UAE heat forces 30-minute delay in Asia Cup matches

Dubai, Aug 30: The start time for 18 out of the 19 matches in the upcoming Asia Cup...

Gill awaits fitness test for Asia Cup

Bengaluru, Aug 30: India Test skipper and T20 vice-captain Shubman Gill reached the BCCI Centre of Excellence here...

Oman skipper ready for maiden Asia Cup

New Delhi, Aug 30: When Oman steps out for their maiden Asia Cup game against Pakistan in Dubai...

Indian fan zones sold out: CA

Melbourne, Aug 30: Cricket Australia has announced that the dedicated Indian fan zones at all eight venues for...