Friday, April 4, 2025

Michael Jackson’s unseen tour footage for sale

Date:

Share post:

London: Never-before-seen concert footage of Michael Jackson is to go under the hammer later this month.

The King of Pop’s former chauffeur is selling off the tape, which was recorded in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1993 on his Dangerous tour, reported Contactmusic.

It is believed Jackson decided to scrap the film after it was recorded because he was unhappy with the project and presented the sole copy to his driver as a gift.

Experts predict the two-hour film will raise more than its USD 6.4 million reserve when it is sold on November 26 by Fame Bureau auctioneers.

“I’m very excited that this tape is finally going to be seen because of its quality, the amount of cameras used and the sheer closeness you are to the performance when watching it,” said Ted Owen, Ceo of Fame Bureau auctioneers.

Jackson died in 2009. Last week, his physician Conrad Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter after a jury in Los Angeles found him guilty of causing the superstar’s death by administering a powerful anaesthetic to help his patient sleep. (PTI)

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...