Sunday, August 31, 2025
spot_img

Phukan panel seeks extension

Date:

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

By Our Reporter

 SHILLONG: The Justice PC Phukan Inquiry Commission, probing the Langpih firing incident, is likely to submit its report in February.

The Commission has sought an extension till February 15, sources said adding that the Assam Government is still examining the request.

The commission would make a spot inspection before submitting its report, sources said adding that the final hearing would take place in Guwahati after the spot inspection.Four Khasi villagers were killed and 12 injured when Assam Police personnel opened fire at people in the disputed area of Langpih along the Assam-Meghalaya border on May 14 last year.

Sources also informed that the commission was ready to hold one more hearing in Shillong if there was a demand from the State Government.

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

UAE heat forces 30-minute delay in Asia Cup matches

Dubai, Aug 30: The start time for 18 out of the 19 matches in the upcoming Asia Cup...

Gill awaits fitness test for Asia Cup

Bengaluru, Aug 30: India Test skipper and T20 vice-captain Shubman Gill reached the BCCI Centre of Excellence here...

Oman skipper ready for maiden Asia Cup

New Delhi, Aug 30: When Oman steps out for their maiden Asia Cup game against Pakistan in Dubai...

Indian fan zones sold out: CA

Melbourne, Aug 30: Cricket Australia has announced that the dedicated Indian fan zones at all eight venues for...