Friday, March 1, 2024

Fire guts three staff quarters of Raj Bhavan

Date:

Share post:

spot_img

By Our Reporter

 SHILLONG: Three staff quarters of the Raj Bhavan were gutted by fire on Friday at around 10.45 pm.

According to police, the fire, which originated from a kitchen, was first noticed by some people residing in the adjacent quarters.

The cause of fire is electric short circuit, police said ruling out possibility of any foul play.

Five fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the fire.

The occupants of the three ill-fated staff quarters were Subedar to ADC Alam Singh Rawat, Nursing Assistant Renu Gurung and Amol Das (driver).

spot_img

Related articles

Sensex jumps more than 1,000 points on impressive GDP numbers

New Delhi, March 1: BSE Sensex jumped more than 1,000 points on Friday reacting to India’s impressive GDP...

Jackie Shroff used to make ‘anda curry patta’ for son Tiger after shooting

Shillong, March 1: Actor Tiger Shroff said that his father Jackie Shroff is a "really good cook" and...

Paytm, PPBL discontinue inter-company agreements before RBI deadline

Shillong, March 1: One 97 Communications Ltd, the parent company of Paytm, and Paytm Payments Bank Limited (PPBL)...

War causes $19.6 bn in losses to Ukraine’s culture, tourism: PM

Shillong, March 1: Ukraine's ongoing war with Russia has incurred losses of at least $19.6 billion to the...