Saturday, April 5, 2025

Ex-Jamaat-e-Islami chief’s motorcade targeted in Pak blast

Date:

Share post:

Islamabad: A woman suicide bomber targeted former Jamaat-e-Islami chief Qazi Hussain Ahmed’s motorcade in the restive tribal belt of northwest Pakistan on Monday, injuring three persons though he escaped unhurt, officials said.

Ahmed’s motorcade was on its way to a rally at Halimzai area of Mohmand Agency when the bomber detonated her suicide vest near a vehicle, officials of the local political administration told the media.

One of the vehicles in Ahmed’s motorcade was destroyed by the blast and three of his supporters were injured.

Ahmed’s car had already passed the spot at the time of the blast, the officials said. Ahmed escaped unhurt and later participated in the rally.

The attack occurred less than a kilometre from the venue of the rally.

No group claimed responsibility for the attack. Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.

Last month, eight persons were injured in two blasts that targeted Chief Minister Ameer Haider Khan Hoti’s motorcade in Swabi district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province. (PTI)

Related articles

Centre seeking answers to queries on ILP: Paul

SHILLONG, April 4: Amid the long-pending demand to implement the Inner Line Permit in Meghalaya, the Centre has...

My suspension from VPP was ‘premeditated’, says Adelbert

SHILLONG, April 4: North Shillong MLA Adelbert Nongrum on Friday said his suspension from the Voice of the...

All-party committee to consult stakeholders on railway projects

Hynniewtrep land will burn if govt brings rlys, pressure groups warn SHILLONG, April 4: The all-party committee headed by...

HYC threatens to block NEIGRIHMS recruitment

SHILLONG, April 4: The Hynniewtrep Youth Council (HYC) on Friday announced that it will not allow NEIGRIHMS to...