Thursday, June 20, 2024
spot_img

KHADC staff launches indefinite strike

Date:

Share post:

spot_img
spot_img

By Our Reporter

SHILLONG: The staff of the Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council (KHADC) on Monday launched an indefinite strike on their office premises here in support of several demands including non-payment of 30 per cent of pending arrear.

According to the president of the Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council Employee Association (KHADCEA) Leonard Khongsngi, only 70 per cent of the arrears due since 2009 has been cleared till date and the remaining 30 per cent is still pending.

“This is not the first time we are agitating and whenever we agitated in the past we had to call it off following assurance from Executive Council of the KHADC,” Khongsngi said. The EC recently assured to clear the pending arrear by November 15 but so far, nothing has been done, he said adding that the association had also moved the chief executive member (CEM) PN Syiem “but no action has been taken by him.”

Meanwhile, the agitating staff has maintained that they would continue their indefinite strike till their demands are fulfilled.

spot_img
spot_img

Related articles

RBI to be positioned as model for Global South: Shaktikanta Das

Mumbai, June 20: RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das on Thursday said that "necessary policy actions" are on the anvil...

India becomes third-largest domestic airline market

New Delhi, June 20: Driven by robust growth in the aviation sector in the last decade, India is...

Patna HC strikes down Bihar govt’s quota hike from 50 pc to 65 pc

New Delhi, June 20: In a major blow to the Bihar government, the Patna High Court on Thursday...

SC issues notice on plea seeking directions to NBE on NEET (PG) exam question paper, answer key

  New Delhi, June 20: The Supreme Court on Thursday issued notice on a plea seeking directions to the...