Friday, April 4, 2025

43 dead in China floods

Date:

Share post:

Beijing: At least 43 people have been killed and more than a million were affected over the past one week in northeast and southeast China due to floods caused by monsoon.

Twelve people were killed today in Liaoning province, adding to a total of 25 deaths reported earlier in Heilongjiang and Jilin, the other two provinces in China’s northeast. In the south, six people were reported were killed by flooding and landslides in Guangdong province, Xinhua news agency said.

More than one million people from 262 villages and towns were affected by heavy rainfalls triggered by the monsoon, said the provincial flood control and drought relief headquarters, adding that 109,300 people were relocated.

According to the headquarters, 70,650 hectares of farmland were affected while 1,936 houses collapsed. (PTI)

Related articles

PM Modi urges Bangladesh’s Yunus to avoid rhetoric, protect minorities

Bangkok, April 4: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday raised the issue of safety and security of minorities...

SC orders Yasin Malik to cross-examine witnesses virtually from Tihar

New Delhi, April 4: The Supreme Court on Friday allowed jailed JKLF chief Yasin Malik to cross-examine witnesses...

India in active talks with domestic pharma exporters amid new US tariff threat

New Delhi, April 4: The Commerce Ministry is in active talks with Indian pharmaceutical exporters amid growing concerns...

Rupee strengthens against dollar amid Trump’s reciprocal tariffs

New Delhi, April 4: The Indian rupee witnessed sharp gains on Friday at below 85 against dollar, as...