Friday, April 4, 2025

Cops unsure of HNLC hand in Jhalupara blast

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG: Police are still uncertain over the outlawed HNLC’s claim of having exploded a low-intensity blast at Jhalupara on November 12 citing that they have not arrived at any conclusion so far.
“We have to verify their claims as to their alleged involvement,” SP (City) Vivek Syiem said on Sunday.
He, however, maintained that investigation was still on.
It may be reminded that the mysterious blast occurred at a bush near Jeevan Ram Goenka Memorial Hospital at around 10.30 pm of November 12 creating a crater at the blast site and partially damaging two vehicles and a road roller parked nearby.
The HNLC had, later, claimed responsibility for the blast.

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...