Fire breaks out at Delhi Mistan Bhandar in Shillong

SHILLONG: A fire stoked by grease from the chimney broke out at Delhi Mistan Bhandar, a popular food joint in Khyndai Lad here on Tuesday at around 4: 30 pm. There was, however, no casualty.

Speaking to reporters after the incident, SP (City), S.A. Rynjah said the grease resulting from cooking accumulated at the kitchen chimney led to the fire.

In this connection, he observed that concern department should conduct inspections on restaurants etc., to check on level of hygiene maintained by them in the greater interests of the public.

“It is important to check the expiry period of the fire extinguisher. The kitchen area should also be clean by preventing accumulation of grease from cooking oil and soot,” Rynjah said.




Get real time updates directly on your device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.