Saturday, April 5, 2025

Seven students from ‘ONGC Super 30’ selected for admission in IITs

Date:

Share post:

 

 

GUWAHATI: ONGC Super 30, Sivasagar in Assam, has tasted great success in 2017-18 academic year, with seven of its students getting selected to study in prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).

An ONGC public relations official, Dipankar Saikia informed that out of the batch of 30 students, seven have been selected for admission in IITs, six in NIT Silchar, six students in Assam Engineering College (AEC), Guwahati, one in IIIT Gwalior, one in IIEST Kolkata, one in Jorhat Engineering College, three in Tezpur University and others in various other noted universities and colleges.

The seven students selected for admission in IITs are: Avijit Kumar Das (IIT, Bhubaneswar), Babul Pegu (IIT Kharagpur), Biplob Das (IIT Jodhpur), Hemanga Sonowal (IIT Kanpur), Rajesh Sarkar (IIT Guwahati), Sandip Kumar Roy (IIT Guwahati) and Trinayan Das (IIT Guwahati).

ONGC Super 30 , a residential coaching programme at Sivasagar in Assam, was instituted in 2013 in association with  CSRL, New Delhi, under which, each year, 30 academically brilliant students from economically underprivileged families are selected and provided 11 months free residential coaching for IIT-JEE  and other Engineering Entrance Examinations.

Over the years, a number of ONGC Super 30 students got selected for admission IITs and other reputed engineering/technological institutes.

With session 2107-18, ONGC Super 30 has so far executed fourth batch of students. The students for the programme are selected various schools through comprehensive selection test comprising written test and interview. The academic session 2017-18 started from July 2017 and continued till the holding of JEE  Advance.

The students  who are provided free food and lodging, medical care in the premises of ONGC Super 30,facilitated with classroom teaching through experienced faculty, regular test and mock test for performance evaluation.

 

Related articles

Centre seeking answers to queries on ILP: Paul

SHILLONG, April 4: Amid the long-pending demand to implement the Inner Line Permit in Meghalaya, the Centre has...

My suspension from VPP was ‘premeditated’, says Adelbert

SHILLONG, April 4: North Shillong MLA Adelbert Nongrum on Friday said his suspension from the Voice of the...

All-party committee to consult stakeholders on railway projects

Hynniewtrep land will burn if govt brings rlys, pressure groups warn SHILLONG, April 4: The all-party committee headed by...

HYC threatens to block NEIGRIHMS recruitment

SHILLONG, April 4: The Hynniewtrep Youth Council (HYC) on Friday announced that it will not allow NEIGRIHMS to...