Sunday, August 31, 2025
spot_img

FIR after man creates ruckus at ex-wife’s house

Date:

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

SHILLONG: A woman has lodged a complaint against her former son-in-law for creating ruckus on Saturday night.
The woman said the man, Lalminlun Kipgen, came to the house and shouted at the family members and broke all the window panes and threatened to kill the family. But her neighbours helped her catch Kipgen and hand him over to Madanrting police.
The woman’s 19-year-old woman and Kipgen’s former wife had earlier lodged an FIR against him saying he had threatened her and her family with dire consequences if she did not hand over their four-month-old baby.
In the FIR, the woman had said Kipgen had sent her a text message on December 31 last year that read, “… return my daughter or ur family is gonna face difficulty. From United Tribal Liberal Army.”
The woman had also said she got separated from Kipgen as he would assault her. She had lodged a complaint in this regard on November 1, 2017.
The person was evading arrest. Notice was also issued, but the mother never produced him. A lookout notice was also issued earlier.

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

Focused on securing WC spot: Salima Tete ahead of Asia Cup

Bengaluru, Aug 30: Skipper Salima Tete said the Indian women’s hockey team is determined to “secure a spot...

Mehak Sharma wins silver, Lovepreet Singh bags bronze

Ahmedabad, Aug 30: India’s Mehak Sharma won a silver medal in women’s +86kg category while Lovepreet Singh settled...

Govt keen to make India sports goods manufacturing hub: Mandaviya

New Delhi, Aug 30: India will roll out a dedicated sports goods manufacturing policy by the end of...

Absence of Koreans takes sheen off inaugural Archery Premier League

Kolkata, Aug 30: There will be no South Korean participation in the inaugural Archery Premier League, denying Indian...