Thursday, April 3, 2025

Don’t include me in new cabinet: Jaitley

Date:

Share post:

New Delhi: Former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi not to include him in the new cabinet, citing his health issues.
“During the last 18 months, I have had some serious health challenges. My doctors have enabled me to emerge out of most of them,” Jaitley said in a letter to Modi.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader said he had already communicated his request to Modi before he left for Kedarnath.
“I am writing to you formally to request you that I should be allowed a reasonable time to myself, my treatment and my health and therefore not be a part of any responsibility, for the present in the new government,” he said.
Jaitley said that even though he was able to discharge the responsibilities assigned to him during the Lok Sabha election campaign, “I would in future, for some time, like to keep away from any responsibility. This will enable me to concentrate on my treatment and health.
“I would obviously have a lot of time at my disposal to undertake any work informally to support the government or the party,” he added. (IANS)

Related articles

Trump unveils tariffs

Washington, April 2: President Donald Trump announced plans for sweeping tariffs Wednesday, saying "our country has been looted,...

SC quashes HC order against The Shillong Times

NEW DELHI, April 2: The Supreme Court of India has quashed a contempt proceeding against The Shillong Times...

Kharlukhi raps Biren for remarks on PA Sangma

SHILLONG, April 2: Former NPP state president and Rajya Sabha MP WR Kharlukhi on Wednesday criticised former Manipur...

New snakehead species of fish found in Chokpot

SHILLONG, March 2: Meghalaya has once again gained recognition in the scientific community with the discovery of a...