Friday, April 4, 2025

Hek clears air on Ganesh Das Hospital

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG: Health Minister AL Hek on Monday clarified that allegation leveled against the Ganesh Das Hospital was the result of a misunderstanding between the doctor and the patient.
Expressing astonishment over the allegation that the hospital lacked tools for C-section and its refusal to admit a pregnant patient, he said there are thousands of such patients who visit the hospital and no such complaint had been received before.
“It is not proper to say there are no tools. There is no complaint as such and I am surprised to see the allegation in media reports,” he told reporters adding that Ganesh Das is a state hospital which has adequate facilities for treatment.
It may be mentioned that on Sunday, the FKJGP alleged that the hospital refused to admit a pregnant patient because it lacked some tools to perform the C-section.
However, Medical Superintendent N Wanswett refuted the allegation and said the patient was denied the operation because no sterilised surgical drapes were available at the time because of several other operations performed before.
She said a patient cannot be operated without the sterilised surgical drapes lest the patient gets infected.

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...