Developed By: Workmates Core2Cloud
Dos, Don’ts for extended lock down in Guwahati
GUWAHATI: Taking into consideration the large scale spread of incidence of COVID-19 in Kamrup Metropolitan district, Government of Assam has decided to extend the ongoing lockdown by another week, with effect from 6:00 PM of July 12 till 7 PM of July 19, 2020.
The order of extension – signed Kumar Sanjay Krishna, Chief Secretary, Assam today – has the earlier declared prohibitions and exceptions which will continue to remain in force, with some additions of prohibited activities and exceptions. These include:
- Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited in the specified area. Movement of all private vehicles is banned and no citizen is allowed to venture out of home with private vehicles, both two and four wheelers except for medical emergency.
- All business/commercial establishments, shops and trade activities shall remain closed except all stand-alone Grocery and stand-alone stationery shops dealing in personal hygiene goods are allowed to operate between 9 AM and 4 PM from Monday to Friday.
- All Industrial establishments shall remain closed except continuous process industries would be allowed to function, subject to workforce staying in the premise.
- Hospitals, pharmacies and medical equipment supply activities are permitted with maximum 20% of workforce and strictly ensuring that no outside labourers are engaged.
- House to house sale of fruits and vegetables etc. shall be allowed between 8 AM and 2 PM between Monday and Friday.
- E-commerce activities supplying fruits, vegetables and other essential items are allowed to operate only between 10 AM and 4 PM from Monday to Friday.
- Warehouses storing milk and milk products are allowed to operate on all days with workforce remaining inside the premises.
- Tea warehouses are allowed to operate from Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 6 PM with workforce remaining inside the premises. Operation of tea tasting, sampling, brokering, and warehousing activities are allowed to function with 20% of total work force.
- Operations of physical activities of Guwahati Tea Auction Centre (GTAC) including e-auction are allowed with 20% of the total work force.
- All Agricultural implements supply and maintenance activities are allowed five days a week from Monday to Friday between 10 AM and 4 PM.
- Bakeries are allowed to operate four days a week from Tuesday to Friday between 10 AM and 4 PM.
- Only 10 (ten) % of Bank and Insurance Company branches in the District with skeletal attendance and ATMs shall operate.
- Whole sellers and warehouses of essential items are allowed to operate between 9 AM and 6 PM from Monday to Friday with workforce remaining inside the premises. Transportation of essential items is allowed from warehouses to outside the district and retailers in the district and from Railway yards on the same days and time.
- Animal care centres are allowed to open from Monday to Friday.
- Lockdown permissions/ passes issued earlier stand cancelled. Fresh permissions /passes shall have to be obtained from competent authority. No pass shall be required for day long movement of suppliers of vegetable from outside the district to deliver fruits, vegetables and other essential and perishable goods in Kamrup Metropolitan from other districts.
- All Flour Mills are allowed to operate from Monday to Friday between 10 AM and 4 PM with workforce remaining inside the premises.
Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC, and other legal provisions as applicable.