Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Gas cylinder explodes in Williamnagar

Date:

Share post:

spot_img

TURA, Jan 14: An electrical short circuit in the kitchen of a house at Balsrigittim locality of Williamnagar town late Thursday evening which led to a fire causing the explosion of a gas cylinder.
“The fire was caused by poor electrical wiring leading to the mishap. Our fire and emergency teams rushed to the site and managed to put it out before it could spread further,” informed East Garo Hills Superintendent of Police, Bruno A Sangma. There were no casualties.

spot_img

Related articles

Tendulkar’s Kashmir visit to boost local crafts, bat industry

Srinagar, Feb 21: Shah Rafi owns the Art & Craft Bazaar at Dhobiwan in Kunzar village on Gulmarg-Srinagar...

Higher secondary exams begin in violence-hit Manipur

Imphal, Feb 21:  Amid the ongoing ethnic violence in Manipur, Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC) Examinations began...

Conrad presents Rs 2029 crore deficit budget for 2024-25

Shillong, Feb 21: Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma on Wednesday presented the budget for 2024-25 with a...

Williamson Sangma University to start first academic session in 2025-26

Shillong, Feb 21: The Captain Williamson Sangma State University (CWSSU) will take some more time before it opens...