Thursday, April 3, 2025

‘Laskein Block upgrade only after feasibility report’

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG, March 8: Meghalaya Home Minister Lahkmen Rymbui has said that the state government will take a final call on upgrading the Laskein Block into a Civil Sub-Division only after it receives the feasibility report from the concerned department.
The minister informed this while replying to a call attention motion moved by MLA Nujorki Sungoh during the second day of the Budget session of the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly on Monday.
Rymbui said informed that the state government has already received memorandum on the subject from different groups.
Avowing that previously created sub-divisions are yet to have proper infrastructure, the home minister said the government will seek views of the concerned department, based on which the government will examine its feasibility.
Earlier, while moving the motion, Sungoh pointed out the hurdles faced by the inhabitants of the block, stating that it is a long-pending demand.
He also informed the House that the land on which the proposed civil sub-division office will be erected has also been identified.
Highlighting that the area lacks proper healthcare and educational facilities, the MLA informed that people occasionally have to travel as much as 30 kilometre for health services.

Related articles

Trump unveils tariffs

Washington, April 2: President Donald Trump announced plans for sweeping tariffs Wednesday, saying "our country has been looted,...

SC quashes HC order against The Shillong Times

NEW DELHI, April 2: The Supreme Court of India has quashed a contempt proceeding against The Shillong Times...

Kharlukhi raps Biren for remarks on PA Sangma

SHILLONG, April 2: Former NPP state president and Rajya Sabha MP WR Kharlukhi on Wednesday criticised former Manipur...

New snakehead species of fish found in Chokpot

SHILLONG, March 2: Meghalaya has once again gained recognition in the scientific community with the discovery of a...