Monday, September 1, 2025
spot_img

Hooch tragedy: One-man commission inquiry begins

Date:

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

KALLAKURICHI, June 21: Justice B Gokuldas, who heads the one-man commission to look into the hooch tragedy here, on Friday commenced his inquiry into the incident, which has so far claimed 47 lives.
Following commencement of probe, during which he visited the Kallakurichi Government Medical College Hospital, however, declined to comment on his inquiries, now at the preliminary level.
“There is no scope to comment anything now,” he told reporters and added that the report will be submitted to the government.
“Three months time has been given,” he said on submission of report.
Chief Minister MK Stalin, replying to call attention motions on the Kallakurichi hooch tragedy said in the State Assembly earlier in the day that out of the total 164 affected persons, 117 are receiving treatment as in-patients in various hospitals and 47 died. (PTI)

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

UAE heat forces 30-minute delay in Asia Cup matches

Dubai, Aug 30: The start time for 18 out of the 19 matches in the upcoming Asia Cup...

Gill awaits fitness test for Asia Cup

Bengaluru, Aug 30: India Test skipper and T20 vice-captain Shubman Gill reached the BCCI Centre of Excellence here...

Oman skipper ready for maiden Asia Cup

New Delhi, Aug 30: When Oman steps out for their maiden Asia Cup game against Pakistan in Dubai...

Indian fan zones sold out: CA

Melbourne, Aug 30: Cricket Australia has announced that the dedicated Indian fan zones at all eight venues for...