Tuesday, July 16, 2024
spot_img

Six killed, 15 injured in Nigeria suicide bomb attack

Date:

Share post:

spot_img
spot_img

Shillong, June 30: At least six people were killed and 15 others injured after a suspected suicide bomber detonated an improvised explosive device at a busy motor park in Nigeria’s northeastern state of Borno on Saturday, police said.

 

The suspected bomber targeted a wedding ceremony held near the motor park in the Marraban Gwoza town, shattering the joyful mood of the celebration and leaving families and loved ones in mourning, Yusuf Lawal, the police chief in Borno, told reporters.

 

Lawal said at least six bodies were evacuated and those injured were rescued and taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, reports Xinhua news agency.

 

He added that police had deployed armed personnel to cordon off the area while investigating the incident.

 

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the bomb attack. (IANS)

spot_img
spot_img

Related articles

Ukrainian startups create low-cost robots to fight Russia

Ukraine, July 15: Struggling with manpower shortages, overwhelming odds and uneven international assistance, Ukraine hopes to find a...

National Nuggets

Man stuck inside lift for 2 days, rescued Thiruvananthapuram, July 15: A 59-year-old man was stuck in a lift...

‘Centre mulling restriction of govt schemes on couples with over 2 kids’

New Delhi, July 15: Rajasthan Minister Jhabar Singh Kharra on Monday spotlighted the impact of the burgeoning population...

3 held for waving Palestinian flag

New Delhi, July 15: Muharram processions were taken out by the Shia community across the country on Monday...