Thursday, April 3, 2025

Worship ban: BJP says any verdict by HC acceptable

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG, Aug 9: Amid the controversy surrounding a ban by the Mawsynram Dorbar Shnong on Hindus from offering prayers at the Mawjymbuin cave, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has said that any decision of the High Court of Meghalaya would be acceptable to the party.
Maintaining that the matter is now sub judice, BJP Meghalaya spokesperson, Arnab Das, refrained from making any comment until the judgment is pronounced.
He, however, said that Hindus had been offering prayers inside the cave for years.  “However, now that the matter has been referred to the courts, we must all wait for the verdict of the honourable court. We have full faith in the wisdom of the courts and the judgment as delivered will be acceptable to us,” he said, adding that the party hopes for an amicable solution worked out by all concerned over this issue.
It may be mentioned that the High Court of Meghalaya has asked all the concerned parties to amicably resolve the issue after a group filed a petition in the High Court following the ban by the Dorbar Shnong on Hindus from offering prayers at the Mawjymbuin cave.

 

Related articles

Trump unveils tariffs

Washington, April 2: President Donald Trump announced plans for sweeping tariffs Wednesday, saying "our country has been looted,...

SC quashes HC order against The Shillong Times

NEW DELHI, April 2: The Supreme Court of India has quashed a contempt proceeding against The Shillong Times...

Kharlukhi raps Biren for remarks on PA Sangma

SHILLONG, April 2: Former NPP state president and Rajya Sabha MP WR Kharlukhi on Wednesday criticised former Manipur...

New snakehead species of fish found in Chokpot

SHILLONG, March 2: Meghalaya has once again gained recognition in the scientific community with the discovery of a...