Saturday, August 30, 2025
spot_img

Another flight from Iran carrying 311 Indians lands in Delhi

Date:

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

Over 1,400 evacuated so far

New Delhi, June 22: India on Sunday evacuated more than 300 Indian nationals from Iran amid the escalating tensions between the Persian Gulf nation and Israel following the US bombing of three Iranian nuclear sites.
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said 311 Indians landed in Delhi on a special flight from the Iranian city of Mashhad.
With the fresh batch of evacuees, the total number of those brought back from Iran now stands at 1,428.
Three-hundred eleven Indian nationals arrived in New Delhi on a special flight from Mashhad at 1630 hours on June 22, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said.
He said a total of 1,428 Indian nationals have been evacuated from Iran so far.
India launched Operation Sindhu last week to bring back Indians from Iran and Israel in view of increasing hostilities between the two nations.
Israel and Iran have fired hundreds of missiles and drones at each other’s cities and military and strategic facilities since the hostilities began over a week back.
The tensions escalated significantly following the US bombing of three major Iranian nuclear sites on Sunday morning.
India has evacuated its nationals on chartered flights operated from the Iranian city of Mashhad, the Armenian capital of Yerevan and the Turkmenistan capital of Ashgabat since Wednesday.
Iran lifted airspace restrictions on Friday to facilitate three chartered flights from Mashhad.
The first flight landed in New Delhi late on Friday with 290 Indians, and the second one landed in the national capital on Saturday afternoon with 310 Indians.
Another flight arrived from the Armenian capital city of Yerevan on Thursday. A special evacuation flight from Ashgabat landed in New Delhi early on Saturday morning. (PTI)

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

PSG Get Tough CL Draw; Real Madrid to Face Liverpool

UCL DRAW Monaco, Aug 29: Paris Saint-Germain was handed a tough start to the defense of its Champions League...

UCL clubs to travel from Arctic to Asia

Monaco, Aug 29: Good luck Manchester City, Tottenham, Juventus and Monaco - one of them will have to...

Messi drops possible retirement hint

Buenos Aires, Aug 29: Lionel Messi has given his strongest hint yet that he will bid farewell to...

Ronaldo remains face of Saudi soccer league

Riyadh, Aug 29: Ronaldo is still a name above all others when attention turns to the Saudi soccer...