Sunday, August 31, 2025
spot_img

Verstappen says he’s staying with Red Bull

Date:

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

BUDAPEST, July 31: Formula 1 champion Max Verstappen says he is staying with the Red Bull team for next year, ending months of speculation over his future.
“For me, it’s always been quite clear, and also for next year,” the four-time champion said Thursday ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix.
“I’m discussing with the team already the plans – the things that we want to change for next year, so that means that I’m also staying with the team for next year.” Verstappen has a contract with Red Bull through 2028. At recent races he had deflected direct questions about whether he’d stay with the team next year, and there had been indications that a performance-related clause could allow him to exit the contract earlier. The exact details of any clause are not public.Mercedes driver George Russell had said he believed his team was holding talks with Verstappen.Verstappen’s comments come less than a month after Christian Horner was removed from his role as Red Bull team principal after 20 years and replaced by Laurent Mekies. (AP)

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

UAE heat forces 30-minute delay in Asia Cup matches

Dubai, Aug 30: The start time for 18 out of the 19 matches in the upcoming Asia Cup...

Gill awaits fitness test for Asia Cup

Bengaluru, Aug 30: India Test skipper and T20 vice-captain Shubman Gill reached the BCCI Centre of Excellence here...

Oman skipper ready for maiden Asia Cup

New Delhi, Aug 30: When Oman steps out for their maiden Asia Cup game against Pakistan in Dubai...

Indian fan zones sold out: CA

Melbourne, Aug 30: Cricket Australia has announced that the dedicated Indian fan zones at all eight venues for...