Saturday, August 30, 2025
spot_img

Former Arsenal player Thomas Partey gets bail

Date:

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

London, Aug 5: Former Arsenal soccer player Thomas Partey was granted conditional bail on Tuesday after appearing in court charged with five counts of rape.
The 32-year-old midfielder, who has also been charged with one count of sexual assault, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court, London. The alleged offenses, between 2021-22, relate to three women.
The conditions of Partey’s bail include that he cannot contact any of the women and must notify police of any permanent changes of address or international travel.
Partey is a free agent after his contract at Arsenal expired at the end of June. He is reportedly set to join Spanish team Villarreal.
“I understand he’s no longer employed in this country and playing in Spain now,” chief magistrate Paul Goldspring said.
Partey arrived at court wearing a dark zip up sweater and carrying a suit jacket. In court, he stood with his arms behind his back in the dock.
His lawyer Jenny Wiltshire previously said he “denies all the charges against him” and that he welcomed “the opportunity to finally clear his name”.
Police said the investigation was opened in February 2022 when it first received a report of rape. Partey was charged July 4 – days after his Arsenal contract expired.He is due to appear at the Old Bailey Sept. 2. The case against Thomas Partey now moves to the Old Bailey, where proceedings are set to continue on September 2. As the legal process unfolds, the former Arsenal midfielder remains out on conditional bail, with serious allegations casting a long shadow over his future in football. While Partey has denied all charges, the coming months are likely to be pivotal — both for his professional career and personal reputation. (AP)

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

PSG Get Tough CL Draw; Real Madrid to Face Liverpool

UCL DRAW Monaco, Aug 29: Paris Saint-Germain was handed a tough start to the defense of its Champions League...

UCL clubs to travel from Arctic to Asia

Monaco, Aug 29: Good luck Manchester City, Tottenham, Juventus and Monaco - one of them will have to...

Messi drops possible retirement hint

Buenos Aires, Aug 29: Lionel Messi has given his strongest hint yet that he will bid farewell to...

Ronaldo remains face of Saudi soccer league

Riyadh, Aug 29: Ronaldo is still a name above all others when attention turns to the Saudi soccer...