Developed By: iNFOTYKE
TURA: Doctors attending to the victims of the mushroom poisoning from Rongdong village at Siju health centre had a harrowing time in administering treatment since the entire hospital area has been without power for several weeks thanks to the callousness of the Meghalaya Energy Corporation Limited (MeECL).
“The entire Siju hospital area has been without electricity for almost a month now due to damage to a power transformer. Despite several complaints no attempts have been made to replace the old transformer. Medical staff had a very difficult time during the night hours attending to the mushroom poisoning victims. Even the generator developed problems,” informed Siju-Rongara MLA Rophul S Marak.
The parliamentary secretary has decided to take the matter up with the government while complaining about the poor power scenario in his constituency where power disruptions are a daily affair.