Leaking gas cylinder creates panic at Jhalupara


SHILLONG: A major disaster was averted in Jhalupara  in the city on Thursday after a commercial LPG cylinder was found to be leaking in a jewellery shop.

The incident happened at around  12 noon when the LPG cylinder started leaking inside the shop and was thrown on the road.

As  the cylinder kept on leaking, police  rushed to the spot while nearby shops shut down their shutters.

The Fire and Emergency Services  personnel also reached the spot on time and the leaking gas was  safely brought out of the cylinder in the presence of the fire fighters and a major disaster was somehow averted.


Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.