Developed By: iNFOTYKE
Leaking gas cylinder creates panic at Jhalupara
SHILLONG: A major disaster was averted in Jhalupara in the city on Thursday after a commercial LPG cylinder was found to be leaking in a jewellery shop.
The incident happened at around 12 noon when the LPG cylinder started leaking inside the shop and was thrown on the road.
As the cylinder kept on leaking, police rushed to the spot while nearby shops shut down their shutters.
The Fire and Emergency Services personnel also reached the spot on time and the leaking gas was safely brought out of the cylinder in the presence of the fire fighters and a major disaster was somehow averted.