By Our Reporter,
SHILLONG: The IIM Shillong on Friday asserted that Lambus M Sangma, one of the three persons arrested on Thursday for their alleged link with GNLA, was never recruited at the Institute while police claimed that he worked there for a week last year.
“The person Lambus M Sangma had worked there (IIM, Shillong) last year for a week before he was chucked out,” Additional Superintendent of Police (Crime) Vivek Syiem said on Friday while also admitting that the accused had claimed to be working with IIM, during his interrogation on Thursday.
The IIM, Shillong, in a statement, said Sangma had applied for a job with M/s P Kharshiing, the mess contractor providing service to the Institute in June, but he was not recruited for his inability to produce necessary documents.
The statement also clarified that there was no security guard by the name of Debraj Dalu at IIM Shillong while referring to the ST report that stated “…Dalu works as a private security guard while Sangma is a cook at IIM Shillong”.