Friday, April 4, 2025

KHADC closure notice to Idea

Date:

Share post:

By Our Reporter,

SHILLONG: The KHADC has served a closure notice to the Idea mobile company due to its failure to respond to a Council’s order last year to remove their mobile towers from Lum Shyllong Peak.

The KHADC recently sent a reminder to two mobile phone operators — Vodafone and Idea — and gave them one-week time to respond to the order.

While Vodafone has sought one year to remove its tower from Lum Shyllong Peak, Idea failed to respond prompting the Council to issue the closure notice, KHADC Executive Member Antonio War said.

Last year, the Council had issued an order to five companies – Airtel, Aircel, Reliance, Vodafone and Idea – to remove their towers within 15 days or else their trading licenses would be seized.

While Reliance and Aircel had responded to the notice within the stipulated time, Airtel, having no tower there, did not answer.

Twelve clans of Raid Mylliem have joined hands to remove all mobile towers from the Shyllong Peak to restore the sanctity of the Peak.

The companies were granted No Objection Certificate (NOC) by the Rangbah Shnong of Mawkhan allegedly without the knowledge of the Raid Mylliem.

“Though earlier NOCs were granted by Rangbah Shnong or Syiem with or without consulting with the Dorbar of the Raid, the KHADC recently decided to allow the Rangbah Shnong or the Syiem to grant NOC only after prior consultation with the executive members of the Dorbar,” War said.

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...