Sunday, August 31, 2025
spot_img

4-lane deadlock: Panel to submit report tomorrow

Date:

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

By Our Reporter

 SHILLONG: The committee, constituted by the State Government to find an acceptable solution regarding the construction of the four-lane road along the Umsning stretch of the NH-40, will submit its report on Thursday.

“I am going to submit the report on Thursday,” Ri-Bhoi Deputy Commissioner Akash Deep said on Tuesday.

“The committee has been able to do full justice to the job assigned by the State Government in finding a solution which would be acceptable to all,” he said.

“A total of seven Rangbah Shnongs of the various villages in Umsning have been part and parcel of the committee. We have also been able to get the views of the land owners and also of the villagers of Umsning,” the Deputy Commissioner said.

While refusing to divulge the details of the report, he said that it is the State Government which would take the final call in this regard.

The State Government had constituted the committee to break the deadlock over the construction of the four-lane road along the existing road at Umsning after several prominent NGOs of Ri-Bhoi district opposed the State Government’s decision.

As per the detailed project report of the NHAI, prepared in 2003, the four-lane construction was proposed from the Umsning bypass. Prior to that, there had been a proposal to build the four-lane from the existing road. As the people of Umsning were vehemently against the same, the NHAI decided to bypass the hamlet.

spot_imgspot_img

Related articles

UAE heat forces 30-minute delay in Asia Cup matches

Dubai, Aug 30: The start time for 18 out of the 19 matches in the upcoming Asia Cup...

Gill awaits fitness test for Asia Cup

Bengaluru, Aug 30: India Test skipper and T20 vice-captain Shubman Gill reached the BCCI Centre of Excellence here...

Oman skipper ready for maiden Asia Cup

New Delhi, Aug 30: When Oman steps out for their maiden Asia Cup game against Pakistan in Dubai...

Indian fan zones sold out: CA

Melbourne, Aug 30: Cricket Australia has announced that the dedicated Indian fan zones at all eight venues for...