Thursday, April 3, 2025

Nagaland Edu Min demands apology from Faleiro

Date:

Share post:

Kohima: Minister for school education and SCERT Nyeiwang Konyak on Tuesday demanded that AICC General Secretary Luizinho Faleiro tender an unconditional apology to him as the latter alleged to have maligned and defamed the image of the minister in the eyes of the general public.

In a statement released here , Mr Konyak reacting to the AICC in-charge of Nagaland Faleiro’s remark that Nagaland Education Minister instead of utilising money for the development and promotion of education was distributing money for ‘dowry’, told Faeliro there was no dowry system in the Naga society. Therefore, the question of distributing money for dowry does not arise in the first place.

The minister also asked Faleiro to check the records before saying anything of that sort, adding Nagaland stood third so far the literacy rate in India was concerned.

He said it spoke volumes as to how much importance the Nagaland Government had attached to the promotion of education in the state. (UNI)

Related articles

Arsenal defender Gabriel injured ahead of CL

London, April 2: Arsenal defender Gabriel Magalhaes was forced off with a right hamstring injury early in the...

India to add 13,600 MW nuclear power capacity in next 6 years: Jitendra Singh

New Delhi, April 3: A large nuclear power expansion programme of 13,600 MW is under implementation which is...

Supreme Court refuses to relax crackers-ban in Delhi-NCR

New Delhi, April 3: The Supreme Court on Thursday refused to relax its order imposing a complete ban...

Five Bangladeshi nationals pushed back for infiltration attempt: Assam CM

Guwahati, April 3: At least five persons were pushed back to Bangladesh by Assam Police on the charges...