Thursday, April 3, 2025

Mynsain Dorbar demands clarification from HNYF

Date:

Share post:

From Our Correspondent

 NONGPOH: The Dorbar Shnong Mynsain (DSM) on Thursday sought clarification from the Hynniewtrep National Youth Front (HNYF) Bhoirymbong Circle on their allegation of misappropriation of funds under MGNREGA and also threatened to demand defamatory amount for tarnishing the image of the DSM, if the HNYF failed to come up with facts and figures to justify their matter.

The decision was taken in the meeting of the Dorbar Shnong held at Community Hall Mynsain on Thursday morning, which was convened to clarify to the local residents over the allegation that has come out in local dailies.

DSM Rangbah Shnong Ribok Makhroh said that according to the HNYF the Mynsain Village Employment Council (VEC) has received 4 lakh each for construction of three approach roads which meant that they have received Rs. 12 lakh, which was totally misleading as the Mynsain VEC has so far received only Rs.1.69 lakh being amount in the wage components of the scheme.

To the allegation levied against him by Prettywan that he has misappropriated the funds of Rs.15000 for construction of IAY meant for Samtila, Makhroh said that he had withdrawn an amount of Rs.15000 for which he had purchased construction materials worth Rs.5000.

He however discontinued the process of construction after the family of Samtila decided to construct the house on their own.

As to end the matter once and for all, the Rangbah Shnong has agreed to reimburse the remaining amount to Prettrywan.

While reiterating his stand that there was no misappropriation of funds on his part, Makhroh said, “I have voluntarily constructed houses of five beneficiaries under IAY scheme and there has been no complaint whatsoever from them excepting from Prettywan Ronghang on behalf of her sister Samtila Ronghang.”

On the clarification by Makhroh, Prettywan offered her apology to the DSM and agreed to take the remaining amount from the Rangbah Shnong.

Related articles

Trump unveils tariffs

Washington, April 2: President Donald Trump announced plans for sweeping tariffs Wednesday, saying "our country has been looted,...

SC quashes HC order against The Shillong Times

NEW DELHI, April 2: The Supreme Court of India has quashed a contempt proceeding against The Shillong Times...

Kharlukhi raps Biren for remarks on PA Sangma

SHILLONG, April 2: Former NPP state president and Rajya Sabha MP WR Kharlukhi on Wednesday criticised former Manipur...

New snakehead species of fish found in Chokpot

SHILLONG, March 2: Meghalaya has once again gained recognition in the scientific community with the discovery of a...