Saturday, April 5, 2025

BJP candidate robbed

Date:

Share post:

By Our Reporter

SHILLONG: A BJP Candidate from Kharkutta constituency, ED Marak was robbed of Rs 5000 and one mobile phone by unknown miscreants numbering to 20-25 of them while Marak along with his party workers were proceeding in a vehicle at Dambo Forest Reserve (EGH) on February 7 at 6.30 pm.

When contacted, senior police officials said a complaint has been registered in this connection while adding that it is a robbery case and has nothing to do with election process. No one has been arrested so far but investigation is still going on, sources said.

Related articles

Centre seeking answers to queries on ILP: Paul

SHILLONG, April 4: Amid the long-pending demand to implement the Inner Line Permit in Meghalaya, the Centre has...

My suspension from VPP was ‘premeditated’, says Adelbert

SHILLONG, April 4: North Shillong MLA Adelbert Nongrum on Friday said his suspension from the Voice of the...

All-party committee to consult stakeholders on railway projects

Hynniewtrep land will burn if govt brings rlys, pressure groups warn SHILLONG, April 4: The all-party committee headed by...

HYC threatens to block NEIGRIHMS recruitment

SHILLONG, April 4: The Hynniewtrep Youth Council (HYC) on Friday announced that it will not allow NEIGRIHMS to...