Thursday, April 3, 2025

Bindo terms HDR statement irresponsible

Date:

Share post:

By Our Reporter

 SHILLONG: Reacting to the news item that appeared in a section of the media wherein Transport Minister HDR Lyngdoh said that the State has lost huge revenue to Bangladesh due to lack of staff in DMR camp in Borsora, the former Mining and Geology Minister Bindo M Lanong said the statement was irresponsible.

Lanong said that the revenue during his tenure as the

Minister of Mining and Geology was double than that what the department was generating earlier and that the DMR and Custom department were working closely to check leakage of revenue.

“Last year, the Government had re-shuffled the staff of the DMR and deployed senior inspector,” he added.

Related articles

Trump unveils tariffs

Washington, April 2: President Donald Trump announced plans for sweeping tariffs Wednesday, saying "our country has been looted,...

SC quashes HC order against The Shillong Times

NEW DELHI, April 2: The Supreme Court of India has quashed a contempt proceeding against The Shillong Times...

Kharlukhi raps Biren for remarks on PA Sangma

SHILLONG, April 2: Former NPP state president and Rajya Sabha MP WR Kharlukhi on Wednesday criticised former Manipur...

New snakehead species of fish found in Chokpot

SHILLONG, March 2: Meghalaya has once again gained recognition in the scientific community with the discovery of a...