Thursday, April 3, 2025

Probe ordered into escape of two juveniles

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG: The Social Welfare department has ordered an inquiry into the escape of two boys from Shillong Juvenile Home.LM Momin, assistant director, Social Welfare department, would conduct the probe, official sources said on Wednesday.”We have also asked the assistant director to suggest measures and steps to prevent reoccurrence of similar incident in future,” an official source said.Momin has been given one week’s time to submit his report.Two boys, who were arrested in connection with a criminal case, escaped from Juvenile Home in Shillong, on Tuesday morning.The duo had already arrived at their respective homes at Nongpoh and Williamnagar.”Parents have confirmed that the duo had reached their respective homes,” the source said adding that police would bring them back to the juvenile home shortly.

Related articles

Trump unveils tariffs

Washington, April 2: President Donald Trump announced plans for sweeping tariffs Wednesday, saying "our country has been looted,...

SC quashes HC order against The Shillong Times

NEW DELHI, April 2: The Supreme Court of India has quashed a contempt proceeding against The Shillong Times...

Kharlukhi raps Biren for remarks on PA Sangma

SHILLONG, April 2: Former NPP state president and Rajya Sabha MP WR Kharlukhi on Wednesday criticised former Manipur...

New snakehead species of fish found in Chokpot

SHILLONG, March 2: Meghalaya has once again gained recognition in the scientific community with the discovery of a...