Thursday, April 3, 2025

Assault charge against Justin Bieber dropped

Date:

Share post:

An assault charge against pop star Justin Bieber related to a case in Toronto last year has been dropped.
A driver who picked up Bieber, 20, and his entourage from a nightclub in December 2013 said one of the passengers struck him but a prosecutor said on Monday the evidence could not prove the singer was the assailant, reported BBC.
“There were a number of people in the vehicle seated behind the driver at the time of the incident and the Crown is not in a position to establish the identity of the person who came into contact with the complainant beyond a reasonable doubt based on the available evidence,” the prosecutor said.
The singer has had multiple legal troubles over the past year but has avoided jail time. Last month he pleaded guilty in Florida to careless driving and resisting arrest in a deal that avoided a drugged-driving conviction.
He pleaded no contest to a vandalism charge in California in July for throwing eggs at a neighbour’s house. (PTI)

Related articles

Trump unveils tariffs

Washington, April 2: President Donald Trump announced plans for sweeping tariffs Wednesday, saying "our country has been looted,...

SC quashes HC order against The Shillong Times

NEW DELHI, April 2: The Supreme Court of India has quashed a contempt proceeding against The Shillong Times...

Kharlukhi raps Biren for remarks on PA Sangma

SHILLONG, April 2: Former NPP state president and Rajya Sabha MP WR Kharlukhi on Wednesday criticised former Manipur...

New snakehead species of fish found in Chokpot

SHILLONG, March 2: Meghalaya has once again gained recognition in the scientific community with the discovery of a...