Saturday, April 5, 2025

Nadal calls time on 2014, faces surgery on November

Date:

Share post:

Basel: Rafael Nadal after suffered a 6-2 7-6 (7/4) loss in the quarter-finals of the Swiss Indoors to teenager Borna Coric on Friday and then shut down his season to undergo appendix surgery. The nine-time French Open champion and 14-time Grand Slam title winner confirmed he will have his appendix removed on November 3.

“This is the day to say goodbye for the season,” said Nadal.

“It’s the day to say I had a good first six months this year. But it was hard after that with back and (three-month summer) wrist problems and now the appendix. I’m not going to play Paris or London, I’m not competitive enough to do that. I need to do the surgery, I need to work on my back next week before the operation and need week to recover.” he added.

Nadal, who had been taking antibiotics to treat appendicitis since the Chinese swing of the tour earlier this month, said his goal is to have a month of training in December when his physical problems are mended. (AFP)

Related articles

Centre seeking answers to queries on ILP: Paul

SHILLONG, April 4: Amid the long-pending demand to implement the Inner Line Permit in Meghalaya, the Centre has...

My suspension from VPP was ‘premeditated’, says Adelbert

SHILLONG, April 4: North Shillong MLA Adelbert Nongrum on Friday said his suspension from the Voice of the...

All-party committee to consult stakeholders on railway projects

Hynniewtrep land will burn if govt brings rlys, pressure groups warn SHILLONG, April 4: The all-party committee headed by...

HYC threatens to block NEIGRIHMS recruitment

SHILLONG, April 4: The Hynniewtrep Youth Council (HYC) on Friday announced that it will not allow NEIGRIHMS to...