Saturday, April 5, 2025

Sidharth Malhotra turns 30, ready for ‘action’

Date:

Share post:

From a gullible rookie      in “Student of the      Year” to a lover out for vengeance in “Ek Villain”, young and handsome actor Sidharth Malhotra, who turned 30 Friday, has proved his potential in each of his films. In the New Year, he will entertain audiences with his action and superhero avatar.
Having featured in just three movies so far, the actor has tried to portray different characters, proving that he is in the Hindi film industry for a long haul.
In an earlier interview, the actor said he wanted to add more variety to his career graph with a range of roles post “Ek Villain”.
In this vein, the actor will be seen in different avatars in 2015 with a remake and a superhero film in his kitty.
He will be seen in “Brothers”, which is an official remake of the 2011 Hollywood film “Warrior” and is slated to hit screens July 31.
Directed by Karan Malhotra, the film also stars Akshay Kumar and Jackie Shroff in key roles.
In another film, “Bhavesh Joshi” the actor will be seen entertaining his fans in a mystical space with action and superhero angle.
He is also said to be on-board for “Priceless Remake” opposite actress Anushka Sharma.
The actor silenced his critics commenting over his inability to dance or to emote well that came his way after his debut film “Student of the Year”, with intense and dark role in “Ek Villain”.
Out of his three films, “Hasee Toh Phasee” is the only film that underperformed. However, he won a lot of fans thanks to his looks.
His “Ek Villain” co-star Riteish Deshmukh took to micro-blogging site Twitter to wish him by posting “Happy Birthday my fellow villain @S1dharthM have a great one”.
“All that you hope for, all that makes you happy, all that you dreamt off,I wish all that and more for you brother! Happy birthday @S1dharthM,” tweeted “Ek Villain” director Mohit Suri.
Before putting himself in the shoes of an actor, the six-feet-plus started off in the world of showbiz as a model and then as an assistant director of filmmaker Karan Johar’s “My Name Is Khan”. (IANS)

Related articles

Centre seeking answers to queries on ILP: Paul

SHILLONG, April 4: Amid the long-pending demand to implement the Inner Line Permit in Meghalaya, the Centre has...

My suspension from VPP was ‘premeditated’, says Adelbert

SHILLONG, April 4: North Shillong MLA Adelbert Nongrum on Friday said his suspension from the Voice of the...

All-party committee to consult stakeholders on railway projects

Hynniewtrep land will burn if govt brings rlys, pressure groups warn SHILLONG, April 4: The all-party committee headed by...

HYC threatens to block NEIGRIHMS recruitment

SHILLONG, April 4: The Hynniewtrep Youth Council (HYC) on Friday announced that it will not allow NEIGRIHMS to...