Saturday, April 5, 2025

Red alert in Arunachal to tackle swine flu

Date:

Share post:

Itanagar:  In view of the outbreak of swine flu in the country, Arunachal Pradesh government has sounded a red alert and has temporarily prohibited sale of pork as a precautionary measure.
Official sources on Wednesday said all hospitals have been asked to be ready for tackling any eventualities. There has, however, been no incidence of the disease in the state, the sources said.
State Chief Secretary Ramesh Negi convened an emergency meeting with health & family welfare secretary, the director of health services, director of medical education, state surveillance officer and epidemiologist and directed that necessary arrangements for medicines and laboratory confirmation of cases, if any, should be done on a war footing.
It was further decided to temporarily prohibit sale of pork in the state as a precautionary measure and accordingly, necessary instruction has been passed to all deputy commissioners, state surveillance officer L Jampa said.
All district surveillance officers and epidemiologists have been sensitised in this matter, he said, adding, the department of health services has submitted a proposal to the state government for procurement of drugs (Oseltamivir), masks, among other things on Monday which is expected to be received within ten days.  The required drugs that were procured during the outbreak of the disease in 2009 had expired last year, he said. (PTI)

Related articles

Centre seeking answers to queries on ILP: Paul

SHILLONG, April 4: Amid the long-pending demand to implement the Inner Line Permit in Meghalaya, the Centre has...

My suspension from VPP was ‘premeditated’, says Adelbert

SHILLONG, April 4: North Shillong MLA Adelbert Nongrum on Friday said his suspension from the Voice of the...

All-party committee to consult stakeholders on railway projects

Hynniewtrep land will burn if govt brings rlys, pressure groups warn SHILLONG, April 4: The all-party committee headed by...

HYC threatens to block NEIGRIHMS recruitment

SHILLONG, April 4: The Hynniewtrep Youth Council (HYC) on Friday announced that it will not allow NEIGRIHMS to...