Thursday, April 3, 2025

BUZZ

Date:

Share post:

Nicki Minaj to star in sitcom about her life
Rapper Nicki Minaj is set to executive produce and     appear in a comedy series based on her life grow    ing up in New York. The 32-year-old “Beez in the Trap” rapper is teaming up with ABC Family and “Sex Tape” scribe Kate Angelo to re-tell the story of her quirky upbringing, reported Deadline. The sitcom will take place in the 1990s, when Minaj and her eccentric family moved from Trinidad and Tobago to the gritty Queens, New York. “This is one of the more unique adventures I’ve ever embarked on,” Minaj said. “I couldn’t be more proud and excited to team up with an amazing group of people to give the world something really special.” ABC Family’s Karey Burke also promised that the hip-hop star’s life story will be both “inspiring and hilarious” for viewers. This is not the first time Minaj has dabbled in acting. She has earlier voiced Steffie in “Ice Age: Continental Drift” and filmed a role for next year’s “Barbershop 3”. She also lent her voice to the animated series “Steven Universe” last year. Meanwhile, Minaj recently wrapped her ‘Pinkprint Tour’ with a series of North American dates. (PTI)
Kendall Jenner doesn’t need to be
in music video: BieberPop star Justin Bieber says he will not ask reality TV     personality Kendall Jenner to star in one of his music videos because her career in modelling is already enough. Bieber, 21, said the 19-year-old “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” star, who has carved out a successful career in modelling, does not need to be in a music video, reported Female First. “I think she’s not really a video girl, right? She’s a model- I don’t think she needs to be in a music video,” he said. The “Baby” hitmaker also said he does not have a girlfriend at the moment and is too scared to jump into another relationship following his failed romance with on/off partner Selena Gomez. “I don’t have a girlfriend. I was kind of seeing someone. It’s kind of complicated. The last relationship I was in, there was so much judgement and so many people saying what they think and stuff – I don’t want that.” (PTI)
Priyanka Chopra accepts ABC’s apology over goof-up
Actress Priyanka Chopra has accepted American     channel ABC’s apology after it made a goof-up by     featuring a video shot of another Indian actress rather than the “Quantico” star during a segment about her. ABC’s late night program, “Nightline”, aired a feature earlier this week about Priyanka where the Miss World pageant was also included. The video was of Yukta Mookhey, who won the crown in 1999. Priyanka was the 2000 Miss World winner. The error was noted online by viewers, and ABC responded with an apology and posted a corrected version of the “Nightline” story online. “Thank you for the correction @Nightline… #Quantico,” the “Dil Dhadakne Do” actress tweeted. “Quantico”, featuring Priyanka in the lead role of Alex Parrish, will premiere in India on October 3. The mystery-thriller premiered in the US on September 28 and got rave reviews for the 33-year-old actress. (PTI)

Related articles

Trump unveils tariffs

Washington, April 2: President Donald Trump announced plans for sweeping tariffs Wednesday, saying "our country has been looted,...

SC quashes HC order against The Shillong Times

NEW DELHI, April 2: The Supreme Court of India has quashed a contempt proceeding against The Shillong Times...

Kharlukhi raps Biren for remarks on PA Sangma

SHILLONG, April 2: Former NPP state president and Rajya Sabha MP WR Kharlukhi on Wednesday criticised former Manipur...

New snakehead species of fish found in Chokpot

SHILLONG, March 2: Meghalaya has once again gained recognition in the scientific community with the discovery of a...