Thursday, April 3, 2025

UDP’s Hamlet Dohling bent upon  contesting polls  from Mylliem

Date:

Share post:

 

SHILLONG: United Democratic Party (UDP) leader from Mylliem, Hamlet Dohling   has made it clear that he would definitely contest  the  upcoming  Assembly elections, 2018.

The statement came from Dohling after the Coordination Committee of HSPDP & UDP decided to field HSPDP candidate from Mylliem constituency though UDP was pressing for the name of Dohling  as its candidate from the constituency.

Speaking to The Shillong Times here on Friday, Hamlet Dohling   also said that he would discuss the matter with the top leadership of  the party and his supporters  before taking a call on the matter.

On being asked if he would contest the election from other political parties, he   admitted that some political parties have already approached him but the matter will be first discussed with the party leadership and supporters.

According to Dohling,   the party workers in Mylliem are not happy  with the decision of the grand alliance and people of Mylliem wants him to contest the election anyhow.

Stating that both the MDC and MLA from Mylliem have failed, he said that he had been working  wholeheartedly for the party in the constituency for the last  5-6  years.

Mylliem Circle has also rejected the decision of the Coordination Committee of HSPDP & UDP pertaining to the seat-sharing between the two parties in respect Mylliem and asserted that they would continue to support Hamlet Dohling even if he contested the Assembly elections, 2018 from a different party.

It may be noted that UDP took the lion’s share in the seat sharing arrangement with its pre-poll alliance partner, HSPDP.

The co-ordination committee of the UDP-HSPDP alliance   had decided that out of the 36 seats, 17 free seats will go to UDP and 10 free seats will go to HSPDP.

Sitting MDC Teilinia Thangkhiew is the probable candidate of HSPDP from Mylliem constituency .

Related articles

Arsenal defender Gabriel injured ahead of CL

London, April 2: Arsenal defender Gabriel Magalhaes was forced off with a right hamstring injury early in the...

India to add 13,600 MW nuclear power capacity in next 6 years: Jitendra Singh

New Delhi, April 3: A large nuclear power expansion programme of 13,600 MW is under implementation which is...

Supreme Court refuses to relax crackers-ban in Delhi-NCR

New Delhi, April 3: The Supreme Court on Thursday refused to relax its order imposing a complete ban...

Five Bangladeshi nationals pushed back for infiltration attempt: Assam CM

Guwahati, April 3: At least five persons were pushed back to Bangladesh by Assam Police on the charges...