Friday, April 4, 2025

MBoSE takes steps to stop results leak

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG: The Meghalaya Board of School Education (MBoSE) has decided to discontinue with the booklet in which results of SSLC and HSSLC are published every year following the official announcement.
The decision was taken to fool-proof its system. Earlier this year, results of 20 toppers of SSLC were leaked on social media a day before the official declaration.
Speaking to The Shillong Times, MBoSE executive chairman Pravin Bakshi said the board has also decided not to share the results with National Informatics Centre a day before the announcements.
“Now the results will be totally online,” he said.
To a query, Bakshi said all the agencies which publish the results online will now be intimated half an hour before the official announcement.
The keys to publish the results will be given only 5-10 minutes before the results are announced.
Following the leaking of the results, MBoSE had even ordered an inquiry into the incident.
Bakshi said MBoSE is following up the matter and it was found that a website functioning from Delhi as well as Bengaluru stole the results in an unauthorised manner.
“The website that stole the information can be booked under the IT Act,” he added.

Related articles

PM Modi urges Bangladesh’s Yunus to avoid rhetoric, protect minorities

Bangkok, April 4: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday raised the issue of safety and security of minorities...

SC orders Yasin Malik to cross-examine witnesses virtually from Tihar

New Delhi, April 4: The Supreme Court on Friday allowed jailed JKLF chief Yasin Malik to cross-examine witnesses...

India in active talks with domestic pharma exporters amid new US tariff threat

New Delhi, April 4: The Commerce Ministry is in active talks with Indian pharmaceutical exporters amid growing concerns...

Rupee strengthens against dollar amid Trump’s reciprocal tariffs

New Delhi, April 4: The Indian rupee witnessed sharp gains on Friday at below 85 against dollar, as...