Friday, April 4, 2025

Rise in students appearing for MBoSE exams

Date:

Share post:

SHILLONG: The number of students appearing for the MBoSE secondary and higher secondary examinations has increased marginally from last year.
M. Marbaniang, the joint director of MBoSE, said 51,312 students will appear for the Secondary State Leaving Certificate (SSLC) on March 7 as against 50,974 last year.
For the Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC), the number of students is 29,839 as against 27,030 last year.
Also, 79.7 per cent of the HSSLC students (23,784) are from Arts section. The number of candidates from Science stream is 3,724, Commerce is 2,325 while six will appear for vocational courses.
Marbaniang said the number of girl students is more than the boys but added that the number of male candidates is showing an increasing trend.
There are 137 SSLC centres and 101 HSSLC centres in the state. Examination materials and confidential documents have already been distributed to all centres. MBoSE is also taking all measures to ensure that questions are not leaked unlike in the past.
There will be strict vigilance at every centre to prevent malpractices. Each centre will have a supervising officer.
“The SPs of all districts are requested to provide security to examination centers for the smooth conduct of examinations,” he said.
Marbaniang also conveyed his best wishes to the candidates who are to take the examinations which will determine their career.

Related articles

Venkatesh Iyer silences critics with blazing 60 as KKR crush SRH

Kolkata, April 3: Venkatesh Iyer answered his critics with a match-winning 60 off 29 balls, propelling Kolkata Knight...

Can’t accept verdict, but will abide by it: Mamata

Kolkata, April 3: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said she respects the judiciary but disagrees...

JD(U) leader quits party over Waqf bill protest

Patna, April 3: JD(U) leader Mohammed Qasim Ansari on Thursday resigned from the party in protest against the...

Won’t snatch Muslims’ rights, assures Rijiju

New Delhi, April 3: Union Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday rejected the opposition’s allegations that the...